Title: Shuttle Driver, Full Time
Location: New Orleans
Category: Limousine Livery New Orleans
Deliver passengers by driving and maintaining various vehicles in our fleet. Occasionally carries cargo.
- Prepares vehicle by conducting operator maintenance; cleaning interior and exterior; arranging for maintenance; reporting operating problems.
- Transports passengers by helping passengers in and out of vehicle; loading and unloading luggage; safely driving the vehicle
- Notify dispatchers, company mechanics, or management of vehicle problems
- Complete accident reports when necessary
- Communicate with dispatchers by two way radio, telephone, or computer to exchange information and receive requests for passenger service.
- Perform routine vehicle maintenance such as checking tire pressure and adding gasoline and any necessary fluids
- Plans route and requirements by studying trip sheets, maps or special request; determining occupant and luggage requirements; checking road conditions; estimating travel times; arranging temporary and long-term parking.
- Fulfills special requests by picking up and delivering specialty items
- Maintains passenger confidence by keeping information confidential at all times
- Documents actions by completing trip sheets, house car logs, DVR’S, and Vehicle Inspection sheets.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by dispatch or management.
Vehicles and Technology
- Limousines/Sedans/Vans/ SUV’s/ Mini Buses
- Apple iPads and Applications (Pages, Goodreader, Dropbox)
- Livery Coach
- Mobile Data Terminals / Global Positioning Systems (GPS)
- CPNC License a plus, but not required pre-hire, must be obtained post-hire
- Must have valid chauffer’s driver’s license or CDL w/ P Endorsements
- Must be able to operate a vehicle safely
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of transportation industry
- Must be able to read a map and use a GPS
- Must be flexible and adaptable
- 1 year of working as a professional driver preferred
- Valid Chauffeur or CDL license with P endorsement
- Must meet age requirement of 24 years of age or older (for insurance purposes only)
- Must not have more than three minor infractions on driving record
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds