Location: New Orleans
Category: Limousine Livery New Orleans
Repair vehicles by repairing any part on the vehicle and follow regular schedule for maintenance on fleet.
- Test drives vehicles, and test components and systems, using equipment such as infrared engine analyzers, compressions gauges, and computerized diagnostic devices.
- Examine vehicles to determine extent of damage or malfunctions.
- Repair, reline, replace and adjust brakes.
- Follow checklists to ensure all important parts are examined, including belts, hoses, steering systems, spark plugs, brake and fuel systems, wheel bearings, and other potentially troublesome areas.
- Obtain descriptions of vehicle problems, and to discuss work to be performed and future repair requirements.
- Perform routine and scheduled maintenance services such as oil changes, lubrications, and tune-ups.
- Repair and service air conditioning, heating, engine-cooling and electrical systems.
- Test and adjust repaired systems to meet manufacturers’ performance specifications.
- Review work orders and discuss work with supervisors.
- Tear down, repair, and rebuild faulty assemblies such as power systems, steering systems, and linkages.
- Listens to operators complaints and responds.
- Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders and verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Fast paced
- Exposure to a variety of people and business types
- Performs work outdoors in warehouse/garage, has an office where all supplies are stored
Tools and Equipment Use
- Hammers including 3 pound sledge hammers, ball peen hammers, claw hammers, plastic tip hammers
- Anti-lock braking system ABS/air bag scan tools; auto scanners, graphic scanners, modular diagnostic information systems
- Pullers such as ball joint separators; bearing pullers; gear puller tools; slide hammers
- Punches or nail sets or drifts such as center punches, pin punches, Taper punchers
- Analytical or scientific software such as AutoZone ALLDATA; Blue Streak Electronics Buell Diagnostic; Nexiq Tech HDS Suite for Palm; SPX/OTC Genisys ConnecTech PC
- Tech manual database software
- Estimating and record keeping software
- Accounts receivable software
Associates degree in automotive preferred but will accept years of experience
Automotive repair experience required
- Arm-hand steadiness
- Finger dexterity in being able to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects
- Multi-limb coordination in being able to coordinate two or more limbs while sitting, standing, or lying down
- See details at close range
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- Must be able to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate or assemble objects
- Ability to see details at close range
- Must have trunk strength: the ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without fatiguing
- Must be able to imagine how something will look after it is moved around or parts rearranged
- Bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
- Hearing to detect or tell the differences between sounds that vary in pitch and loudness
- Ability to read, count, and write accurately and complete all documentation
- Ability to work varied hours and days including weekends and holidays
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 pounds