Location: New Orleans
Category: Limousine Livery New Orleans
Schedule and dispatch workers and service vehicles for conveyance of passengers, while providing exceptional customer service for both internal and external customers.
- Schedule and dispatch workers and service vehicles to appropriate locations according to customer requests, specifications, or needs, using radios or telephones.
- Relay work orders, messages, and information to or from drivers using telephones or two-way radios.
- Monitor personnel and vehicle locations and coordinates service and schedules.
- Determines types or amounts of vehicles and personnel required according to work orders or specifications.
- Responsible for ensuring that all vehicles are returned at the end of a shift.
- Arranges shipments by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating delivery requirements; placing and expediting orders.
- Keeps customers informed by answering questions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplished organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Fast paced
- Pleasant office environment
- Professional staff
- Exposure to a variety of people and business types
Tools and Equipment Use
- Special purpose multi-line telephone systems
- Two way radios and Blackberry handhelds
- Customer relationship management software
- Livery Coach
- Internet Sites
- GPS Tracking
- Microsoft office
- Microsoft Outlook E-Mail Exchange
- Fax, copy, and scan machine
High School Diploma or equivalency
Some previous dispatching/customer service related skill, knowledge or experience is preferred
- Must be able to work a rotating schedule and must be able to work any shift/ any day (days, nights, weekends, holidays)
- Excellent active Listener: giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Telephone skills
- Strong Computer and Data entry skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to details and follow through
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must have excellent coordination skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of transportation industry
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Ability to process information through computer system
- Ability to communicate professionally with associates and clients
- Ability to read, count, and write accurately and complete all documentation
- Ability to work varied hours and days including weekends and holidays