Halloween is an exciting time for kids, but can be very scary for parents when it comes to trick or treating safety. A common concern that parents have is how they’ll get from house to house in suburban areas. Limousine Livery suggests these 5 tips for trick-or-treat safety on Halloween night.
- Plan your route in advance. Going out into the night without a plan can force you to make last-minute changes while you drive around. The last thing you need is to be caught off-guard by cul-de-sacs or one-way streets.
- Practice safe street crossings with children beforehand. Remind your children to look both ways, to cross only at corners with crosswalks and to never deviate from these guidelines unless accompanied across the street by an adult.
- Opt for costumes in bright colors. While it might be exciting for children to dress as a ninja or vampire, the reality is these costumes are not as safe as brightly colored themes. Our limo service chauffeurs have expressed concern about children in dark costumes, suggesting it is far better to wear bright costumes or to attach reflectors to dark ones.
- Try a carpool. Whether you know a family with a van willing to drive the group around or opt for a small bus offered by Limousine Livery’s limo service, carpools work well on Halloween night. After all, if you don’t have to worry about driving, you can sit back, relax and focus on safety.
- Start early. Since kids tend to get sleepy as the night goes on, try starting out early so you don’t have to grapple with prime-time Halloween crowds. While you need to be careful of the visibility at dusk (when it is difficult to see), but you’ll find there are many advantages to getting an early start on this busy night.
Halloween can be a fun night for kids and parents alike. Let Limousine Livery take your group around in style with a small bus or sedan and let us take the scary out of Halloween safety for area parents with our safe delivery Halloween service.